Tuesday 1 April 2008

Oued El Jdaid - Ba Hallou 1 April 2008



Another fabulously colourful start!

Team Go is born as we collect Des to run with us today.

We grow from 2-ship to 3-ship & our new addition is bursting with energy as we hit the 20km stretch of dunes in today’s vicious leg.


This stage is a “tree shaker” as we lose the weaker apples before tomorrow’s double stage .. 31 “concurrents abandonee”/could not carry on today ..

Tomorrow, as we line up we will “spare a thought for them” ..
as Patrick reminds us “it’s really hard for them to see us leave” ..

Sadly our lovely Tent 82 Scottish lassie, Elaine, is also one of the fallen. The heat and dunes fairly cook her and by CP2 she is air lifted off the course and fed 6 drips to rehydrate before they let her home to us!

Yes, a vicious day but also the day I get my fight back!

Watch out 115, 116, 117 .. I am now officially running! 

Days highlight?
Racing French girls to the finish and winning.


Enter my competitive spirit. Exit all fear.

With my boys at my side we hiked the pace and I ended up taking 3 girls on the way in that night!

Gotta love a race.

Jen you would be proud of my tactics: show them a clean set of heels, break their spirit and keep on going.

Watch out for tomorrow: I am back!

NB. Best way to sleep through a sandstorm is with your head in the bag ..    





No comments:

Post a Comment